Saturday, February 28, 2009

from the Funny Farm COMPUTER HELP

I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold the computer-guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.He gave me a bill for a minimum service call. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An, ID ten T error? What's that .. in case I need to fix it again? "Harold grinned.... "Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?" "No," I replied."Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it out."So I wrote down ..... I D 1 0 T.
I used to like Harold.

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

We used to have all kinds of jokes like that about stupid people calling us for stupid reasons back when I worked in Facilities. I can't remember any of the great ones right now. I do know we used to keep a screw driver in one our drawers for "chair problems". If people were complaining about this or that we'd take the screw driver, go flip over the chair and fiddle with all the handles for 2 minutes, flip it right again and ask if that fixed it. That forced them to totally readjust everything - like a "re-boot" of the chair. 90% of the time it worked. There really are some ID 10 T's out there.